Having an open wireless network can be a security risk as it may allow anyone who is close enough to your router (e.g. a neighbour) access your network. Even if we have secured our Wi-Fi using password, there are many people who always try to use others WiFi networks, by cracking their key or by any other method.
To make your home wireless network more secure consider the below suggestions. With this method you will be allowing only your personal devices to be connected to your WiFi network and all other devices will not get connected to the WiFi network even if they have the password of it . So just follow the simple steps given below to proceed.
TECHEWS QUOTES : “I think the way IBM has embraced the open source philosophy has been quite astonishing, but gratifying. I hope they’ll do very well with it.”-Larry Wall
Steps To Allow Selected Devices To Get Connect On WiFi:
1) First of all you need to connect your PC to WiFi network where you want to implement this.
2) Now in your Web browser, enter the router’s IP address,that will be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 by default or you can get it by entering ipconfig command in CMD.
3) Now enter the username and password of your router connection there.
4) Now there in router settings go to Advanced > Wireless Settings.
5) Now there click on Setup Access List to open the Wireless Card Access List.
6) Now click on add button to add the device to connect with WiFi.
7) Now you will be entering the MAC address and name of device that you want to allow on that network.
You can get the MAC address of your Android in About Phone in Settings. And in PC you can find it in by entering ipconfig /all in CMD and note down the Physical address.
8) Check the Turn Access Control on.
Thats it you are done!!. Now only the selected device will be allowed to connect to the WiFi network.
HOPE YOU LIKED THE ARTICLE. FOR MORE SUCH ARTICLES, SUBSCRIBE TO US 🙂