Microsoft’s windows has an amazing collection of icons for various apps.In the begining these icons may be wonderful to you but eventually you get bored seeing these icons every day.Ever wondered on personalising your windows desktop icons? What if you could design icons of your own? This article will help you in setting your own personalised icons. YES !! You heard it right .. Here’s how you can do it.
STEPS TO CHANGE WINDOWS ICONS
- Open any photo editor program that you frequently use, or you could get a set of icons from the internet by just googling it.
- Once you are done with either of the above mentioned, Convert the required icon image to .ico file, since the other image extensions will cease to work.
- For converting the icon image into the required format make use of any online image to icon converter. You can always google for a list of them.
- When you have successfully done the conversion of the image, you select the particular program whose icon you wish to change.
- Now, right-click on the program, and openthe Properties option.
- An option to Change icon would be available.
- Once you click on the browse button,and then select the location of your newly converted icon file,all you do it click on the apply followed by the okay button .
Once you have completed the above steps.Then, BINGO!! You can see your own personalised icons on your PC. The old icons are never again going to bore you. Obtain new icons from internet or design yourself it in a photo editor program. Change the extension. Your icon is ready to use.!