You won’t call any concept a science fiction unless its characters are flying through space-time, or have phenomenal powers. Your brain also plays with the idea of some futuristic technology and importantly long distance call that include holograms.
While other stuff would be difficult to own, but you can definitely make 3D hologram out of two-dimensional videos now. Holograms are the part of the new technological era and occupy technical enthusiast’s mind. On one hand, we have the Microsoft HoloLens, and on other we have GHOST that literally sucks out data from your screen and converts into a 3D hologram.
But, now to make a 3D hologram, you don’t need to buy any expensive gadget. Just a few stationary items and a clean transparent glass or plastic sheet will do.
- Graph Paper: To get precise measurements
- Plastic/Glass Sheet (Transparent): Main Apparatus
- Knife/Glass Cutter
- Once you have collected all these things, you are just 15 minutes away to make a 3D hologram at your home.
- Cut the sheet precisely into 4 congruent trapeziums
- join them with a transparent tape to create a simple pyramidal frustum.
- Your set-up is ready. Now, all you need are some hologram specific videos that you will easily get from the YouTube.
- So, just place your pyramidal frustum set-up on your smartphone screen and let the physics do the rest as it makes 3-D hologram for you.