One of the biggest privileges that we need from any messaging or e-mailing service is whether it could let you recover any of your deleted messages. And the fact that WhatsApp lets you recover deleted messages, images and videos that have been shared does make it a pretty solid app.
I am sure that most of the WhatsApp users are not aware of the fact that this messaging service takes backup of all the shared stuff every 24 hours and it keeps the backup files intact for last 7 days. Yes, it’s true. And there is a way which would let you use those backup files to restore things.
Method 1 :
This is a simple and pretty straightforward way to restore deleted WhatsApp stuff. All you need to do is uninstall the app and install it back. This would actually use all the backup files, and restore whatever it can
Method 2: Using Third-party Website
This method is indeed quite simple. All you have to do is :
1. Head over to Recover Messages (www.recovermessages.com)
2. Select the Database file from the SD Card located on your Android Device
For Android: /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/msgstore.db.crypt
& for iOS: net.whatsapp.WhatsApp/Documents/ChatStorage.sqlite
3.Accept the terms and conditions
and then your database will be completely restored
The process is simply elegant coz as soon as you select the database file, the file has been uploaded to the server and the decoding process has been started & as soon as the decoding process gets completed ,you’ll receive your Deleted messages.
Note: Some people think that this process is not secure because the process require uploading of a database file which may or may not harm the users privacy. So for that kind of issue there is another method.
ALSO READ: How to Recover Deleted Files in Android
Method 3 – Restore Manually from SDcard :
- Navigate to the Whatsapp Database folder, SD Card => Whatsapp => Databases.
- In the database folder you will see some files something like msgstore-2015-04-04.1.db.crypt such that you can see these files containingthe date on which it was created,and you will also see a file named msgstore.db.crypt, which happens to be the main file.
- So now just rename this file msgstore.db.crypt to something like backup-msgstore.db.crypt.
- Now after you have successfully renamed your file, just change any other file that contains the appropriate date, like choose the one that’s latest or the one you think that might contain your chat conversation.
- So now rename that file to msgstore.db.crypt and then the last step is to navigate to Settings => Applications => Manage Applications= > Whatsapp, and click on Clear Data option to remove all the data.
That’s it now your msgstore.db.crypt will be restored and obviously the file that contains your chat conversation.So now as soon as you open your WhatsApp , it will ask you to restore from the Backup.
Just press Restore option and everything will be restored pretty easily.
Hope you like this article. Please don’t forget to subscribe on Techews.com for more such interesting Tips n Tricks #Y5Master