Similar to a hard drive, a USB flash drive stores all its data in the memory & the operating system can later on fetch this data when required to be accessed. There can be various issues that may turn your USB drive data inaccessible. Such as if the drive is un-mounted improperly from the port, it can lead to data corruption. Another reason can be invalid data in the Master Boot Record (MBR) or Partition Boot Record (PBR) or directory structure on the USB drive.
But as you know, there is always a simple treatment for any problem. You just have to follow this simple guide to recover all your files from any corrupted drive. The method is very simple and depends on a cool recovery CMD trick that will let you to recover all files easily from your corrupted USB drive where you are unable to access files. Just follow these simple steps stated below to proceed.
Steps to be followed:
- First of all, insert your USB drive in computer and press Windows button and type
- Now right click on Command Prompt and select Run as admin.
- Now there type Chkdsk f: /r where f is the drive letter and which can be different in your computer. (Check it out in your system)
- Now verifying process of files and folders will start and you will be able to see the process (in per cents) there.
- If you receive an error saying that your drive is not windows XP drive, then simply enter Y
- Now when the process completes it will ask you for Convert Lost Chains into Files, simply answer yes.
- That’s it, your files will be automatically displayed in your Drive storage.
- If you see no items in your USB drive then simply type “.” (Dot without quotes) in search box top right corner and hit enter [because it may be hidden].