Bored from the ever static Wallpaper on your Desktop ? Ever wished to set cool videos as your computer’s Desktop Wallpaper? Then you have arrived at the right place. Today in Techews’s Tips & Tricks, We’ll teach you how to set any video as your Desktop Wallpaper with a simple little trick. This trick has been verified on Windows XP, vista and Windows 7.
Steps To be Followed:
1) Open VLC Media Player.
2) Inside the Media Player, Go to Tools => Preference Or press CTRL + P
4) Then Choose DirectX video output from output drop-down list as shown in image shown below.
5) Click Save before Exiting.
ALSO READ: Create Undeletable Folder For Protecting Important Files
6) Now open any Video you would like to set as your desktop wallpaper using VLC MEDIA PLAYER.
7) In the options given on top of the player, click on Video and select DirectX Wallpaper (Or simply Set Wallpaper) from the dropdown list (as shown in the image below).
8) If you’re using Windows Aero Themes, you may get a warning message (as shown in the image below) and your theme will switch automatically to a basic theme.
9)Now Minimize VLC player and you will see your video running on your desktop as wallpaper.
ALSO READ: Hack password locked Windows 7 system
If you want your default wallpaper back then uncheck DirectX Wallpaper from video dropdown list. Also you may change the option output (in preferences) to Automatic if you want to avoid Windows changing to basic theme every time you try to open VLC Media Player.
Hope you enjoyed this one. If you like it, please like us On FB and also Subscribe to us to get updated with such tips and tricks.