Apple launches new iPhone every year with astounding new upgraded features that is hard to ignore like new camera, upgraded mother board, astonishing new applications and so on. So, once in a while it is quite thoughtful to upgrade your iPhone or if you want to have a new taste of life then you may also want to switch from iOS to other operating systems such as Android, Blackberry, etc. There is absolutely no harm upgrading or switching mobile devices for your own benefits.
But if you keep on using your iPhone then sooner or later you will discover that the storage space is running low. It is understandable that you will fill your device with pictures, movies, music, application, contacts, and messages and so on. But every time you store something new on the iPhone, it will keep on consuming memory on your iPhone.
Not to mention, when there’s no space to store any new data on the iPhone, it will become slow and the device performance will keep on degrading. In this tutorial, we will show how to wipe iPhone data to make more room on your iPhone so that you can store new data. A basic deletion doesn’t really remove the data from your iPhone permanently but rather, it simply removes the link that makes the file disappear from your iPhone. But secretly they are stored in the cache memory of the iPhone that can be easily recovered using any elegant and professional data recovery tool. So, if you are trying to sell or donate your iPhone then you must take a step further and find a solution to permanently delete them so that they can never be recovered.
Why to wipe iPhone Data?
There are myriad of reasons to clean your iPhone. We will list down the top reasons so that you can understand the benefit of erasing data from your iPhone.
1. Need more memory storage to save new files and documents.
2. Can’t receive messages due to insufficient memory.
3. No room to create new contacts.
4. Selling or donating iPhone to a total stranger.
5. IPhone performance getting slower due to piles of unnecessary files and app stored on the device.
6. Can’t install new application due to memory storage running low.
7. Unable to take new pictures and selfies.
8. Not enough space to store new music and videos.
9. Not able to browse the internet due to no available space to store cache and cookies.
10. To boost iPhone performance.
11. To organize the iPhone in a well-categorized manner and keep everything on schedule.
And much more. There are countless reasons to wipe iPhone. Now, you might be thinking that where’s the big deal in it? You can simply select the files you don’t want on your iPhone and erase it using the delete feature.
But as we mentioned, these basic deletion are only acceptable if you are using the iPhone for your personal usage. But, if you have more important files and documents such as private pictures, secret messages, client information, medical records, business information, official documents and other confidential files then a simple deletion is not recommended at all. If anyone is a computer expert then they can recover these data easily and misuse them and you will fall as a victim of identity theft.
A survey conducted by DOD in 2016 informed that over 100 million identities were stolen by recovering them from old IPhones that were sold or given away. Don’t be one of those who are included in this statistics. That’s why it is important to wipe iPhone data clean beyond recovery.
In this guide, we will show few ways to wipe data from iPhone. We will share both temporary and permanent solutions to this issue and you can implement whatever suits the best for you.
Disclaimer: Using any method from this guide will erase all the files and documents from your iPhone. It is highly recommended to create a full backup of your device and store it in a convenient location to avoid any kind of severe data loss.
Solution #1: Factory reset iPhone
The most recline way to erase all files from iPhone is to factory reset it. Factory reset simply means that the iPhone will go back to the initial state when you first bought it fresh as new. Learn how to factory reset your iPhone.
Step 1. Open Settings from the menu or by swiping down from the top and touch on Settings.
Step 2. Scroll to General and tap on “Reset All Settings”.
Step 3. Tap on “Erase All Contents and Settings” and the device will automatically start to delete all data from your iPhone.
Additional Tip: You may be prompted to enter the passcode if you have set up any. Simply input the passcode or pattern to initiate the factory reset process.
1. It will totally remove all data and information from your iPhone.
2. Doesn’t require any third party software.
3. No need to connect your iPhone to computer to accomplish this task.
1. Data can be easily recovered using any data recovery program.
2. Not safe if you are erasing private and confidential document containing secret information.
3. Contacts and messages can be restored that can be a security threat to your privacy.
4. Recovered information can be easily misused including your Social profiles, pictures and personal videos.
Solution #2: Wipe iPhone data using SafeWiper iPhone Data Eraser
IPhone Data Eraser is the finest and perfect solution to delete any kind of files and information from iPhone/iPad/iPod. This tool is provided by SafeWiper and it is the best way to erase all data from your iPhone safely and securely. It uses over 25 modern technologies to scan and analyze your entire device. The deletion process is permanent and it is assured that no data recovery tool can restore these deleted files. You can erase both current and previously deleted files using iPhone Data Eraser. Here, let us briefly explain the main features of this program to expose the real power of using this tool.
Top Features of SafeWiper iPhone Data Eraser –
1. It provides five modes of data wiping methods to choose from. Each mode has its own benefits that we have explained below.
2. Permanently delete all data from your iPhone beyond recovery.
3. Erase previously deleted files that were erased using simple basic deletion technique.
4. Remove private data including messages, contacts, chats, call logs, photos, and videos and so on.
5. Delete unwanted and unnecessary fragment files created by third party apps.
6. Preview all data and information before erasing.
7. 100% guaranteed that no data can be recovered using any data recovery software.
8. Helps to clean and organize your iPhone/iPod/iPad.
9. Free lifetime dedicated support.
10. Supported in both Windows & Mac computers.
11. One-time charge only, absolutely no recurring or hidden fee.
12. 100% refund guarantee if it fails to achieve its task successfully.
Requirements to use iPhone Data Eraser –
1. A working computer with administrator privileges.
2. A USB data cable to connect your iPhone &
3. Of course, iPhone Data Eraser program.
Procedure to wipe iPhone Data:
Step 1. Download iPhone Data Eraser and install it on your computer by completing the information on the setup wizard. Launch the program to start using it and see the main benefits of this tool.
Step 3. Now, you have five options to choose from. We will briefly determine how to use each options to your benefits.
Step 4. Part A. Select “1-Click Free Up Space” if you are longing to erase the junk files from your device that will allow your device to make plenty of empty room to store new stuff. Simply click on “1-Click Free Up Space” and select “Quick Scan” to start analyzing the iPhone. As soon it is finished, the software will show you how much data can be freed up.
Click on “Clean” to erase all the unnecessary files from the iPhone and make more room on your device.
Step 4. Part B. If you desire to remove all data from your iPhone then click on “Erase All Data” from the left sidebar. Please note that this option will totally delete all data from your iPhone. It is the best option to choose if you are selling or giving away your phone to a complete stranger.
Step 4. Part C. If you have previously deleted files and information from your iPhone using the basic delete function then you can rescan these deleted files and delete them permanently using “Erase Deleted Files”.
This shows how easy it is to recover all the deleted data from your iPhone. So, make sure to delete them permanently before anyone else gain access to your important and private information.
Step 4. Part D. If you desire to erase all the private information from your iPhone such as emails, chats, browsing history, call logs, etc. Then choose “Erase Private Data” and scan the entire device. Then select all private data and click on “Erase Now” from the bottom right of the program to remove them permanently from the iPhone safely.
Step 5. Part E. When you install new apps and software on iPhone then these installed programs creates a tons of useless cache and garbage data that uses a lot of space on iPhone. To erase these junk files, choose “Erase Private Fragments” option and scan the phone completely.
After the scanning is completed, the program will show all the private fragments left by these applications. Select all the application and click on “Erase Now” to destroy these junk data permanently.
Solution #3: Erase selected files and folders using basic Deletion feature
Factory reset will completely erase all files and information from your device. But if you only need to erase selected data or application from your iPhone then use the following steps.
Step 1. Open the folder that you want to delete.
Step 2. Locate the item that you wish to erase and tap on it.
Step 3. If you are deleting a single item then simply swipe your finger to the left and it will be deleted.
That’s should do the trick and erase the file from the device. Keep selecting all the items and use the mentioned procedure to delete them.
1. It is good if you are erasing only single or multiple files.
2. No external app is required.
3. Very fast and quick method.
1. Deleted files can be easily recovered using iPhone data recovery tool.
2. Very dangerous if your device contains high security and secret documents.
3. Not recommended at all if you are selling the iPhone to a total stranger.
4. Not safe if your iPhone has more than one user.
Solution #4: Delete files & folders using a PC
Computers offers a broad glance to your files inside the iPhone. You can look at them at well-itemized way and it is easier to delete files by glancing at them on the big screen. To delete files and folders using a PC, use the following steps.
Step 1. Connect the iPhone to PC using a USB data cable.
Step 2. Launch iTunes and let the software detect your device.
Step 4. Now, select all the files that you desire to erase and press the “Delete” key on your keyboard.
1. An active iTunes account is needed for this part to work.
2. Cannot delete sensitive and private data securely and safely.
3. Data can be recovered easily using a professional iPhone data recovery tool.
4. Not recommended for deleting private and secret documents, pictures and personal videos.
That’s all. You can see how easily your deleted data can be recovered using any data recovery tool which means that your files and documents are not safely removed from the device and continues to be a security threat if they are misused. You may consider using iPhone Data Eraser to delete all files permanently if you are serious about your privacy and security. In this short guide, we have illustrated numerous way to erase data and hopefully you found this tutorial useful and was able to make tons of empty space on your iPhone.